- Primary/Intermediate: Physical and Intellectual Disability
- Adolescent: Mental Health
- Elderly: Palliative Care and Neurodisability
Music has always been my passion which led me to study for a BA(Hons) Music at the University of Leeds in the UK, focusing on community music and composition.
After graduating in 2012 I worked as a piano tutor and community musician for various charities, including work with families with children with disabilities and leading a choir for people living with dementia. I became more interested in the therapeutic power of music and returned to New Zealand to study on the Master of Music Therapy course at Victoria University of Wellington. My research focused on the use of community Music Therapy with older adults living in residential care. I currently work privately and with the Music Therapy practice Music for Life.
• NZRMTh with Provisional Registration
• Master of Music Therapy, Victoria University of
• BA(Hons) Music, University of Leeds (UK), 2012