Vacancy: Registered Music Therapist
Hospice Waikato Family Services
Hospice Waikato is an organisation focused on leading the way in the growing specialist field of community palliative care. We are totally committed to providing patient focused, highly professional care, for Waikato people living with life limiting or life threatening illnesses and for those who support them.
• Recognises people and the difference they make
• Is committed to developing its people to the highest professional skill level
• Understands the value of emotional support for all
• Delivers its services with a multidisciplinary focus
• Is committed to being the best in its field
Our Family Services team, provides support for adults, children and young people affected by a life limiting or life threatening condition, and/or affected by the illness and death of a family/whanau or significant person.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Music Therapist to join our Family Services team. This position is 3 days per week (24 hours).
To be the right person for this role and our organisation it is expected you would bring:
• Full registration with Music Therapy NZ
• Current practising certificate
• Experience working with adults, children, young people and their families living with life limiting conditions
and/or other significant life challenges
• Experience and training related to working with children, young people and their families affected by
• loss, grief and bereavement
• Knowledge of palliative care and Hospice philosophy
• A passion for supporting palliative patients, their family/whānau and caregivers
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Emotional maturity and resilience
• Current full New Zealand driver’s licence
• Experience in palliative care
If this sounds like the role and an organisation you want to be a part of, please CLICK HERE and select the ‘apply for this job’ link.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa