- Preschool: Intellectual and Physical Disability, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Challenging Behaviour, Communication Disorders, Sensory Impairment, Trauma
- Primary/Intermediate/Adolescent: Intellectual and Physical Disability, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Challenging Behaviour, Communication Disorders, Sensory Impairment, Trauma, Mental Health, Music for self development
With 16 years experience working with children and adolescents in mental health and disabilities, I have seen how music therapy can facilitate change, bring joy and enrich the lives of families.
I began my career as a music therapist in Ireland, where for four years I worked with children and adolescents who experienced trauma and needed support with their mental health. Having moved to Blenheim in 2008, I began a private practice and started bringing music therapy to primary and secondary schools. I work with individuals and facilitate groups and although developmental music therapy underpins my practice, I equally rely on psychodynamic processes to inform my approach.
I am enjoying a role on the Council of MThNZ and look forward to being able to contribute to the advocacy and growth of our profession.
- New Zealand Registered Music Therapist
- Bachelor of Arts in Music and Psychology, University College Cork, 1995
- Bachelor of Music and Research Masters, University College Cork, 1996
- MPhil, University College Cork, 1998
- Master of Music Therapy, University Limerick, Ireland, 2004